Saturday, June 5, 2010

Europe 2010: Italy and France - Part 5, Paris!

After almost 12 days in Italy, Jeannie and I ended our trip in Paris... our final stop! Since we had both visited before, rather than do as many tourist stops as we could (e.g. the 2-day Museum Pass), we opted to just wind down our trip wandering through the Paris streets and spending as much time as we could in the local cafes. Each day started with us sleeping in and then waking up to immerse ourselves into the amazing city life Paris had to offer. Such a great way to end our journey! Can't wait to come back!


Gotta love the Parisian skyline!


Admittedly, this was our first food stop in Paris. After eating nothing but Italian food, we felt like we deserved a little taste of home :) Pho done French style!

Inside Notre Dame cathedral with its beautiful stained glass.

In front of Notre Dame was what looked like a bread festival. Local kids were invited to learn how to bake bread by the seasoned bakers. Above, you can see some of the bakers taking a quick paddleball break outside the kitchen tent.

Nothing like fresh pastries right out of the oven! Hmm...I wonder if those kids baked this batch.

Random trinkets from some of the many tourist shops we passed.

I really think Europe got it right when it comes to tiny modes of transportation to get you through the city streets.

The Louvre...

One of the many bike share stations we spotted all throughout Paris. Such a great idea and I hear they are going to start testing this in San Francisco too!

One of the many cafes Jeannie and I ate at. At this particular location...

... we enjoyed Pommes Frittes!

Another skyline shot... we were so lucky to get breaks from the rain while in Paris so we could wander around!

Two shots from the Louis Vuitton flagship store on the Champs Elysess. There was so much incredible detail in this store!

Not to be outdone... the Nescafe store, also on the Champs Elysees was more art museum than store!

Shots from the Jardin du Luxembourg. On this particular day, the rain clouds finally left letting everyone to enjoy the fabulous sunshine!

Public transportation at its best!

Shots of Paris at night!

4 comments:

Shelly June 5, 2010 at 5:03 PM  

Just love your travel pictures. Makes me want to go back to Paris when it's not freezing outside and grey. I went a few years ago between Christmas and New years with my husband. It wasn't nearly as ...well ... charming. Curious to know where gear did you carry with you on your trip?

- shelly waldman

Tsafrir June 8, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

Great Travel Photos! I see you practice the train photos we learned :)
Nice work!

Cris June 14, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

That last picture is amazing!

Mel July 13, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

Did those pomme frites come with aoli? Get me there now!!!

About Me

My Photo
Jason Wu
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog!
While I'm currently available to shoot all types of photo work, my focus continues to be on families and weddings. Feel free to contact me for scheduling or any other questions you might have. Thanks again for dropping by!

Drop me an email at jason@jasonwphotos.com
View my complete profile

I'm on Facebook too!

..

.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP