Saturday, May 22, 2010

Europe 2010: Italy and France - Part 1, Rome!

Yay! After two weeks on vacation with my wife, Jeannie, we're finally back home. As much as traveling to Europe really is a delight, there really is something irresistible about sleeping in your own bed. Don't get me wrong though, Europe was fantastic! In two weeks, we were able to backpack through Rome, Venice, Florence, and Paris. Here's the set of highlights from our first stop, Rome! We did all of the touristy stuff of course and had the pleasant surprise of attending mass at St. Peter's Basilica where the Pope himself made an unexpected appearance!


Jeannie lounging around at Heathrow waiting for our connection

Lining up for the Sistine chapel. Wall to wall tourists all shuffling along...

Surprise visit by the Pope at a mass we attended in St. Peter's Basilica. We were so surprised to be even allowed in the mass at all as it as a funeral for a cardinal that had recently passed, but we were lucky and got to be 60 ft from the alter with about 100 other tourists who they let in.

...probably the most diverse selection for chocolate gelato I've seen in one place! The dark chocolate was HEAVEN!

... and Jeannie enjoying her two scoops! Clearly, the kids are checking our which flavors she decided on.

Obligatory Coliseum shot...

One of the many fine meals we enjoyed during our trip. Each dish was a guess to us as all we told the waiter was that we liked surprises! In this case, it was a mixed antipasto of cured meats and smoked seafood!

Waiting around with the thousands of other visitors for the Pope to give his weekly address and blessing


This clown was giving away "free hugs" in one of the piazzas we visited... he had a sign translated in English as well so the tourists wouldn't be freaked out.

2 comments:

Andy Lo Photography May 22, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

Great shots Jason! It brings back lots of good memories. I especially like the Angel with the Cross shot. Can't wait to see the rest of your photos from the other cities.

SIMPLY DASHY PHOTOGRAPHY May 22, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

Great images! I felt like I was there. I really like all the shots with the blue skies...yeah! And those gelatos...yummy! I want want right now. hehehe

About Me

My Photo
Jason Wu
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog!
While I'm currently available to shoot all types of photo work, my focus continues to be on families and weddings. Feel free to contact me for scheduling or any other questions you might have. Thanks again for dropping by!

Drop me an email at jason@jasonwphotos.com
View my complete profile

I'm on Facebook too!

..

.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP