Sunday, May 30, 2010

Europe 2010: Italy and France - Part 3, Florence!

Ah Florence... Gelato, Bistecca Fiorentina, Lampredotto sandwiches, and more Gelato! In other words, Florence was all about the FOOD! Of course, there were the sites and museums as well. From the Duomo to the Ufizzi Gallery, Florence had sooo much to offer! Such a wonderful city with so much culture all around. Live music could be heard from the squares each night and there was a warm bustle through each of the markets. And of course, let's not forget about the food! No matter where we went, tourist joint or local dive, the quality of the Tuscan cuisine was apparent everywhere. Bold flavors and fresh ingredients were definitely the name of the game here! My mouth is watering just thinking about it again!

It seemed that everywhere you walked in Florence, you'd stumble across a gelateria. Of course we had to try as many as we could! Alas, gelato will never taste the same to me back here in the states. Florence has made us spoiled with their wonderful and gooey dark chocolate and pistachio concoctions!

Shot of the Duomo bell tower... didn't make it up there unfortunately but at least it looked pretty good from the ground!

Inside a local church we stumbled across in the city. As much as I love churches, this one gave me chills as it was extremely dark and empty inside

Frozen gelato on a stick. Genius!

This was a food cart we stumbled upon walking through Florence, L'antica Tripallo, which served up one of Florence's staples, the tripa and lampredotto sandwiches. In other words, tripe and cow's stomach, which was to die for! So so tasty. That's all I can really say about it. Between Jeannie and I, I think we ate four of them during our trip!

Now this I don't get at all... but for some reason, amongst all the fine tasting european beers, Duff Beer was sold all over the place in Florence!

Maybe the freshest basil and tomato bruschetta I've ever had!

Jeannie checking up on the latest news at one of the hidden wifi spots we were able to find.

Kids playing soccer up against a church wall we passed

Scarves and pashminas were huge sellers in Florence. With all the colors to choose from and at 5 euro a piece, it was hard to resist not picking up at least of few of these for back home!

Bellisima!

Nice to meet you too Mr. Piggy!

...yet another wifi finding!

What the?!... more locks!!!


0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Jason Wu
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog!
While I'm currently available to shoot all types of photo work, my focus continues to be on families and weddings. Feel free to contact me for scheduling or any other questions you might have. Thanks again for dropping by!

Drop me an email at jason@jasonwphotos.com
View my complete profile

I'm on Facebook too!

..

.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP